1. What appears to be a fairytale, often is just that. Search for real. Real trumps everything.
2. Piling up on fancy cars and massive mortgages before you've seen the world on your own is dumb. Don't do it.
3. Divorce sucks. But living an unhappy life sucks more.
4. Travel on your own at least once in your life. Be reckless. Eat lunch with locals. Dance under foreign stars. Spend a day with a Shaman. Fly off mountains.
5. Jagermeister is not a food group.
6. Move interstate. Make massive changes. Shake up that predictable life full of everyone else's expectations and start living it your own way.
7. Pick up that camera. Or that paintbrush. Or that guitar. Pick it up and let those creative juices flow. If you feel that fire in your belly, then you need to share that shit with the world.
8. Avoid crazies on the tram.
9. Red flags. Always pay attention to the red flags. Heed the warnings of the red flags!
10. Anxiety is an absolute beast. You don’t need to worry as much as you do. It will all be ok.
11. The dining room floor is a perfectly legitimate and acceptable place to have a baby.
12. You can get by on two minutes total broken sleep a night for two years and counting.
13. The best smell on earth is located on the top of a newborn's head. Sniff away. It's intoxicating and makes you forget how tired you are.
14. When you think you absolutely can't keep going, trust me, you can.
15. Puppies and newborns don't go together.
16. You haven't failed. You are not a disappointment. You are worthy of good things. You deserve happiness. You are worthy. You are worthy. You are SO worthy.
17. Motherhood is the ultimate test in patience. So is co-parenting. Pick your battles.
18. When your child learns to say "Mum", then "hello mum", eventually followed by "I love you mum" your heart will shatter into a thousand puffy heart rainbows and you'll forever be "that" parent who shares toilet training successes and scribble drawings on Instagram. Because, cute kid.
19. All the heart hurts will one day be worth it. Life is tough, but so are you.
20. Solitude, breathing space, learning to like your own company and learning to like yourself over a decent period of time is as good as a holiday and 10 expensive sessions of therapy. All of those things combined are even better.
21. Ditch the high heels. They are an unnecessary struggle.
22. Love doesn't always hit you like an out of control Mac Truck. Sometimes it gently edges in and asks to hold your hand first.
23. Content is: two coffees, the Saturday paper, the quiz, quiet kisses and a weekly dose of Leunig.
24. Happiness is: falling asleep with your child’s arms around your neck and your love’s arm across your belly, listening to them both breathe. It’s also watching his babies and your baby play happily together at the park.
25. Love is: him telling you you’re a good Mum with nothing but sincerity when you’re absolutely convinced you’re screwing it up.
26. Attraction, sexuality and gender are fluid. They are not and never have been black and white. Be open enough to allow your perceptions to be challenged.
27. An accurate description of parenting from Ron Funches: "Raising a child is like taking care of someone who’s on way too many shrooms, while you yourself are on a moderate amount of shrooms."
28. Be passionate and be fierce - stand up for who and what you believe in, voice that important voice and demand to be heard.
29. Never stop pushing your creative limits.
30. Live for the simple things. Love, kids, laughing, family, friends, art, sunrises, nature, coffee. They are all that matters.